Thursday, March 10, 2016

Testimony of a Modern Miracle of Generational Blessing in Nepal


There is no one hidden from God’s eyes although they are from any part of the world. It is the story of Chyobang (Chepang) people one of the backward tribe in Nepal who used to live in the high mountains and cave of Makawanpur, Dhading and Chitwan districts of Nepal. And it is story of Mr. Raj Kumar Praja (which is me) to whom God used as a key to open the streams of Blessings in Chyobang people.
Before my birth my parents were Hindu and they were very orthodox in their belief: Mainly my father whose name is Naur Man Praja. He was as dangerous as Paul for Christians before his conversion because he think that Christianity is foreign religion and we should not accept it. Revelation was coming in Rakshirang village of Makawanpur district in Nepal and people were being converted in Christ.
It was not easy for them to survive there as freely as before they became Christians.  At that time in Rakshirang village there used to be one landlord who was very powerful and he was ruling over that village. All the poor peoples of that village used to ask him for help for economic and any kind of problem.  The Landlord had one favorite bodyguard whose name was Naur Man Praja, which means he has all the power and authority to threat and beat the villagers.
Naur Man was a hot headed person with very little education. He was from a poor background but very strong in physical body.. Nobody would threaten him.
His father was also very powerful witchdoctor. The witchdoctor was my grandfather. So, villagers had always kept fear in their heart for Naur Man Praja.
            Day by day Christians were being persecuted and and becoming stronger in faith. 
My father used to say, “Why do these Christians not leave their faith?  The persecution is very strong and they are suffering so much?” My father would still continue to persecute them.
Christians of that village became very weary of my father’s persecution and were planning to kill him. One day when he was alone on the way some Christians attacked him and started to beat him.  My father was alone so he could not protect himself from the mob. Their intention was to kill my father.
Just before they were going to kill him old man, who was the first Christian of that village, prophesied. “Don’t kill him! Soon he is going to become a Christian. The men then stopped beating him and allowed my father alone.
My father did not understand fully what was going on. He did not know that Jesus was about to change his life. You see, my father loved his family very much. He was happy being a father and having a beautiful wife and two lovely sons.
            One day accidently my grandfather became very sick. Even though he was a witchdoctor, he couldn’t heal himself. He had been attacked by his enemies which were other witchdoctors of the same village and other villages. My father was worried about grandfather. About the same time, my mother gave birth to me. I was third son in the family. Suddenly, I became very sick just a few days after I was born.
Now my father was in trouble and he doesn’t have any cure for his father and son. Medicine doesn’t work on us and witchdoctor can’t do any progress. At last we lost our grandfather and my father had no hope for me too.
                  Few days later my condition became worse and both my father and mother started to cry because they know that there son could die at any time. Neighbors were gathered at our house and they started to mourn for us. And the same time somebody said that your child is already dead and my father started to prepare for my funeral but some Christians arrived at our home and said give your child to us to pray for him. Nothing is impossible for our God your child can be well and recovered and my father told them if you save my child then I will believe in your God that He is the true God and if my child is dead I will kill you all too. After that up to two hours they prayed for me and I was back and my mother fed me her breast and up to two days they prayed for me to be well. After that miracle my father and mother both converted in Christ but it is not the end of story but it is the beginning of the story. Like in the story of Paul after his conversion he had to be persecuted for Christ in same way my father was also persecuted for Christ by the same landlord for whom my father used to work. After my father conversion he also had the same condition which he used to give to other Christians. He had to hide from that Landlord and walk in night to go somewhere like market and city. Many times that landlord used his other man to beat my father and threat him to leave Christianity but my father was strong in his faith and he went to take Bible training in different place of our country. And my father became a good Christian leader and started our own small church in same village. He doesn’t take any revenge with that Landlord but God treat him very badly that his business went down and his fields were also collapsed by the flood of river. So, he also stopped to persecute the Christians.
            After that not only in our village but in many villages lots of Chyobang peoples were converted in Christ by hearing the testimony of my father. But because of the poverty and illiteracy there are also many families who leaved their faith. But we never stopped to struggle for our faith my father taught we all three brothers and my two brothers are leading our local church in village and I am also doing ministry with my brothers. They want me to be become good leader like my father and send me at Bible College and I had already finished my BTH (Bachelor in theology) course and now me and my wife both want to continue our further study M.Div and we have vision to do great children ministry in the midst of Chyobang people and with all the backward tribe like ours over the Nepal who doesn’t know the Christ.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment